CDS Syllabus 2020 – Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam conducts by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) 2 times in a year. The Examination for recruiting candidates for the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Officers Training Academy (OTA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), and Indian Air Force Academy (IAFA) Male and Female.
The exam will be conducted on the basis of the latest UPSC CDS syllabus and exam pattern. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board ( SSB ). If you want to clear the examination, first, you need to know the UPSC CDS 2020 syllabus and exam pattern.
Candidates can check the detailed subject-wise syllabus of UPSC CDS Syllabus 2020 below before applying for this exam.
Three Main Subjects to crack the CDS Exam are the English language, General Knowledge/Science, and Maths.
- Unseen Passage
- Questions on Spotting Errors
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Idioms & Phrases
- Ordering of Sentences
- Fillers (Fill in the blanks)
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Parts of Speech
- Spelling Mistakes Correct/Incorrect)
- Transformation of Sentences
- Reported Speech
- General Science
- Defense Related Awards
- Books and Authors
- Current Affairs/Events
- True and False
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS ALGEBRA
- Remainder Theorem
- H.C.F., L.C.M.
- Theory of polynomials
- Solutions of quadratic equations
- The relation between its roots and coefficients
- Linear equations
- Set language and set notation
- Rational expressions and Conditional Identities
- Laws of indices
- Basic Operations
- Number System
- Square Roots
- Decimal Fractions
- Unitary Method
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Time and Work
- Simple Interest and Compound interest
- Profit and Loss/Discount
- Ratio and Proportion
- Division Algorithm
- Prime and Composite Numbers
- Divisibility Tests
- Multiples and factors
- H.C.F. and L.C.M
- Euclidean algorithm
- Logarithms to base 10, Laws of logarithms
- Values of Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent ×
- Values of sin ×, cos ×, and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, and 90°
- Use of Trigonometric Tables
- Simple cases of Heights and Distances
- Lines and angles
- Plane and plane figures
- Sides and Diagonals of a Parallelogram
- Circle and its Properties, Targets, and Chords
- Square and Rectangle
- Similarity In Triangles
- Medians and Altitudes
- Areas of figures
- Surface area and volume of cuboids
- The volume of right circular cones & cylinders
- Surface area and volume of spheres
- Collection & Tabulation of Statistical Data
- Graphical Representation
- Bar Charts
- Pie Charts
- Measures of Central Tendency
Mode of Exam – Offline, Nature of exam – Multiple Types of Questions (Objective)
Number of Sections – IMA, INA, AFA – 3, OTA – 2
Total Marks – IMA, INA, and AFA – 300 Marks, OTA – 200 Marks
Question Paper Language – Hindi and English
Total Time Duration – 2 Hours for Each Section
IMA, INA, AFA – English 2 Hours, General Knowledge- 2 Hours, Maths – 2 Hours
OTA – English 2 Hours, General Knowledge – 2 Hours
For Solution Join Our Telegram Group
Follow Us On Facebook
CDS Syllabus 2020 FAQs :
Q 1 – Are CDS difficult?
Ans. No, the level of exam is quite moderate to difficult also level of Maths is 10 standard.
Q 2 – How many Time CDS is Conducted in a Year?
Ans. CDS exam conducted 2 times in a year.
Q 3 – Is AFCAT and CDS Syllabus same ?
Ans. English, Maths And GK are same in both CDS And AFCAT but Reasoning is Only asked in AFCAT not in CDS.